NOTE ON HOUSING “PIRATES”
Using the housing link provided on the ECCE website or in Conference emails is the only official way of booking housing that IEEE ECCE endorses. Reservations made through outside companies cannot be guaranteed. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Housing Option #1, Hilton Portland Downtown
- 9 minute drive to Convention Center
- $207.00 rate
- Link to reserve: https://book.passkey.com/e/49546618
- Call-in reservations: 1.800.445.8667 and mention ECCE
Housing Option #2, DoubleTree by Hilton Portland
- 10 minute walk to Convention Center
- $188.00 rate
- Link to reserve: http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/R/RLLC-DT-ECE-20180921/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG
- Call-in reservations: 503.281.6111 and mention ECE
Please note that ‘ECE’ is not a typo – that is the three digit group code they need to mention if they call in to book a reservation at DoubleTree.
Please note: cut-off for reserving guest rooms is Friday, August 24th
Portland International Airport is currently served by 18 international and domestic airlines offering over 500 scheduled passenger arrivals and departures daily. Sixty U.S. cities offer nonstop flights to Portland, including Atlanta, Denver, Dallas, New York, Boston, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Seattle, Orlando, Washington, DC and Chicago. Internationally, you can fly direct to PDX from Amsterdam, Calgary, Frankfurt, Guadalajara, London, Puerto Vallarta, Reykjavik, Tokyo, Toronto and Vancouver. The largest international carrier in and out of Portland is Delta Airlines and Alaska Airlines has the largest presence domestically.
Getting to and from the airport
The airport is located 9 miles (14.5 km) northeast of downtown Portland and is conveniently connected to the city center via MAX light rail train.
The MAX light rail Red Line is the easiest way to travel to and from the airport. Here are some quick facts:
- The trip between the airport and downtown Portland takes about 38 minutes.
- An adult ticket costs $2.50 (Youth $1.25, Honored Citizen $1). MAX ticket machines return change in coins, so small bills are recommended.
- You can roll your luggage on board.
- The first train of the day arrives at PDX at 4:45 a.m. The last train departs PDX at 11:50 p.m.
- The MAX station and ticket machines are located on the lower level, next to the south baggage claim area (turn right at the base of the escalator). View airport map.
101 Portland Orientation
- Getting Here – Everything you need to know about arriving in Portland by plane or train.
- Getting Around – Learn how easy it is to travel by light rail, streetcar, bus, bike, foot or car.
- Maps – Find maps of the city and region and specialized transportation maps.
- Food & Drink – America’s best food city (per the Washington Post) offers farm-to-table dining, innovative food carts, acclaimed craft beer, stellar coffee and more.
- Activities & Attractions – Portland’s unexpected attractions range from gardens and museums to retailers of coffee, doughnuts and books, while tax-free shopping, cycling and hiking top the to-do list.
- Neighborhoods & Regions – It’s easy and fun to explore Portland’s neighborhoods filled with cultural offerings, local retailers, restaurants and tax-free shopping.