Tutorials are held in two sessions (morning and afternoon) on the Sunday before the conference begins. Each morning/afternoon tutorial is 4 hours in length, except those noted (1/2) which are 2 hours long.
Morning Session (8:00 am – 11:45 am)
1. From Si to GaN, What Power Electronics Engineers Need to Know about GaN. Fred Yue Fu.
2. SiC Power Devices, Practical Implementation and Application. Ty McNutt, Edgar Ayerbe, and Jianwen Shao.
3. Predictive Control- A Simple and Powerful Method of Control Power Converters and Drives. Ralph M. Kennel, Jose Rodriguez, Marian P. Kazmierkowski and Zhenbin Zhang.
4. Discrete State Event-Driven Method: A Novel Approach for Power Electronics Transient Simulation. Zhengming Zhao, Hua Jin, Bochen Shi, Yicheng Zhu, Zhujun Yu and Jiahe Ju.
5. SiC enabled MV Power Conversion Systems and HV SiC Power Device Design and Fabrication. Subhashish Bhattacharya, and Victor Veliadis.
6. Electric Propulsion: Challenges and Opportunities. Jin Wang, Tom Jahns, Bulent Sarlioglu, Ayman El-Refaie, Patrick McClusky, John Kizito, and Julia Zhang.
7. Multi-Scale Control of Power Electronic Systems. Sudip K. Mazumder.
8. Energy Harvesting (EH) for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). Brian Zahnstecher.
9. Capacitors for Power Electronics – from an Application Perspective. Huai Wang.
Afternoon Session (12:30 pm – 4:15 pm)
10. Reliability of Silicon Carbide MOSFETs: Status and Improvement Prospect. Francesco Iannuzzo.
11. Application of Thermal Interface Materials in Power Modules to Enhance Thermal Performance and Reliability. Kevork Haddad, Paul Drexhage, and Bernhard Eichler.
12. Design, Monitoring and Control of Reliable Power Electronics. Christoph H. van der Broeck, Huai Wang, Frede Blaabjerg, and Rik W. De Doncker.
13. Power Electronics for High-Precision Applications. Bas Vermulst.
14. Electric Traction Drive Systems. Gui-Jia Su and Jason Pries.
15. High-Speed Electric Machines and WBG Power Electronics Technology Trends and Design Techniques for Electric Vehicles. Iqbal Husain, Wensong Yu and Md Sariful Islam.
16. Differential Power Processing For Solar Photovoltaic Systems: Development and Applications. Katherine A. Kim.
17. HVDC Transmission Systems and DC Grids: Developments and Challenges. Khaled H. Ahmed and Grain P. Adam.
18. Artificial Intelligence Applications to Power Electronics. Joao Pinto, Burak Ozpineci, and Raymundo Cordero.